Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Took a haitus now back to Blog

Hey I remembered my password, got a new lap top and now its time to get back to the Blog. I last posted about my new niece Jade. She is now a vivacious toddler. A lot has happened some good, some bad. First off I can't believe how old my kids are! My oldest is now 21, the age I was when I had him. My oldest daughter is 19, the age I was when I married! Yikes. Deep breaths! So at home I have 2 adult kids and 2 minor kids. It does get interesting.
This last year people are moving away. And not the people you wish would move away! Almost a year ago my parents moved up to Bremerton Wa. To retire and be closer to younger grandkids. The have 8 in Bremerton and 3 in Federal Way. This is hard for me and my kids. Brian's side of the family is not close with us by choice. My parents were very involved with their grandkids. Then this year two of my friends from church moved, one out of state. And next month my best friend of 10 years is moving out of state. Clear across the United States. I'm so sad and do not know how depressed I will get when it happens. I do know this is the best thing for her and her kids and when you are a true friend you put their happiness before your own. We also lost our Pediatrician last Aug. He passed away from brain cancer. This broke my heart. He was only 2 years older than me, his oldest daughter was born 2 days after my second daughter and he was our Doctor from that day. 14 years. He was a great Doctor who really was a good support to have on my side. The kids do not go as often now that they are older. It's not the same with a new Pediatrician.
So in the last year I feel my supportive environment coming apart. A supportive environment includes the people around you: family, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, Doctors, church members, etc. People who are there for you in different forms that help you through life. I am thankful my husband and kids are healthy, here and so far not moving away. I really only have one person to put down in case of an Emergency. To me that is sad.
I'm still crafting and sewing. Of course! Sometimes it really gets me through things! I still have my booth space at NW Creations & Collectibles in Gresham. Two doors down from there is JoAnn Fabrics, already my second home,  I became the sewing Instructor about a year ago when they remodeled and built a classroom. I have taught many classes! Most were awesome and I have had about 30 students. Most often I teach Basic Sewing. People really want to learn to sew! Even kids really want to learn and make their own things. I love it!  Both things are part-time bases and go though hot/cold phases. I have had several special orders over the year too. From leotards to valances. I even trading sewing for some painted elephant shoes for Mariah.
In early October we got a new kitty, Olive. she is so cute and so much fun! She was a rescue and has marks & traits of a Russian blue cat. She keeps us laughing and happy daily.
I continue to resale shop and love it. Last summer I got such great deals on crafting and sewing things. Even shelves and storage for crafting/sewing. Ready for this years garage/yard sales. My home is now filled with varies things I have picked up at Goodwill and other resale places. My latest good deal was a brand new runner rug for $15 still selling at Target for $40! It looks awesome in my room, I even went to Target and bought a matching one for $25 for under my chair at my sewing table. So 2 rugs for the price of !!
I plan to blog in the future more about: sewing/crafting, resale shopping, family, experiences, books and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment